Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Warning: May Cause Vivid Dreams

Dear Loestrin,

I recently switched to you in hopes of reducing some crummy side-effects I had with your cousin Yasmin. While thus far those pesky side-effects have disappeared, you forgot to mention the DREAMS. You see, last night I had two rather vivid dreams involving one of my aunts who apparently is in love with all things ancient Greek - who knew? - and then a slightly more disturbing one. Apparently I decided that I was just so upset/sad with life that it was time to end it. But, due to the pathetic state of my existence, I went down to the kitchen to grab a giant butcher's knife only to find it too dull to actually puncture skin without a terrible amount of effort. It also had a rust spot on it - Heaven forbid that if the hacking away at my own wrist didn't work I'd be left alive with a ragged scar AND potentially tetanus. This did not sit well with my dream-induced depressed self, so I just stared at this knife for a while and then was mentally awake in a cave where I was so completely disturbed by the events that I could not move. Until my husband woke up and set the dogs on me. So, thanks Loestrin for that vivid dream that has convinced my husband that I am subconsciously suicidal. I'm not, no worries... although I'm a little worried about sleep walking during one of these states and tumbling down the stairs. You certainly weren't kidding when you listed "vivid dreams" among your side effects now were you?

I just thought you should know that this is some crazy sh*t you've got going on with yourself. And for any of those people who might be interested in psychedelic drugs such as mushrooms or ecstasy - no need, just take some estrogen pills and you'll never have to worry about an evening trip ever again!

Frightfully Yours,
Prudence

No comments: